Here lately I have been thinking about God’s plan for my life. No, I do not know everything that He has for me, but I certainly want what He wants.
The Lord has allowed me, through my health issues, to get involved in different activities at Nemours Children’s Specialty Care. All of these involvements there have been through prayer and prayer only. Because of the doors that have opened for me there, as well as all that I have been through with my health and the medical staff that have been wonderful to me and my parents, I have felt a strong passion to go into the medical field when I graduate high school. I feel like this is a calling from the Lord Himself, but how do I know that for sure? Yes, with these passions to go in the medical field have come the thoughts of, “What if God is opening these doors only to shut them to show me that this is not what He wants me to do?” The only thing I can do is continue to pray that I would do what He wants and trust that He will ultimately direct my path. These prayers have been answered for a reason and are ultimately in God’s plan since He is the one answering them.
When we hand our plans over to God, He can take them and make them into something so much greater than we could ever imagine. God knows us better than we know ourselves, and even if we try to do what we want instead of what He wants, in the end we will still be doing His plan for our lives because God is a jealous God and wins every time. Our lives are not meant to be selfishly lived. They are to be lived only to give the Lord glory in anything and everything we do. What plans are swimming around in your mind? Have you given them over to the Lord, asking Him to take the lead and guide you where He knows best? When we include God in our every-day lives, we have ultimate protection and refuge. He will protect us as He guides us into where He wants us to go, and when He gets you to the place that He wants you to go, you will be happy that you trusted your plans into His hands. Following God’s lead gives pure joy and contentment.
- In Jeremiah 29:11, Jeremiah is in the middle of writing a letter to what’s left of the elders that were carried away and held captive. This verse says, “For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.”
- Proverbs 3:5-6 says, “Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.”
- Proverbs 16:9 says, “The heart of man plans his way, but the Lord establishes his steps.”
- Proverbs 19:21 says, “Many are the plans in the mind of a man, but it is the purpose of the Lord that will stand.”
- Proverbs 16:3-4 says, “Commit thy works unto the LORD, and thy thoughts shall be established. The LORD hath made all things for himself: yea, even the wicked for the day of evil.”
- Psalm 37:4 says, “Delight thyself also in the LORD; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart.” …When we delight ourselves in the Lord, He will give us the desires of our heart because our desires will be His desires.
- 1 Corinthians 10:31 says, “Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God.”